After giving it a great deal of thought, we’ve decided that starting October 1, we will post only one Workout Of the Day (“WOD”) that will be done in all classes.
What does this mean?
- You’ll have more class times available to you. All CrossFit classes will be open to members of all levels. We want to encourage everyone to workout together and compete at the same workouts every day.
- For our competitive athletes, there will be daily advanced work (“CWOD”.) This is to be done in addition to the WOD and is designed for those athletes that hope to compete in various CrossFit events. We will also be organizing occasional Competition classes where we hope to get our fiercest competitors together to push each other to new heights.
- For our Level 2 athletes looking for more of a challenge, we strongly encourage you to undertake the CWOD, and to start participating in competitive events!
- For our Level 1 athletes, we’ll continue to concentrate on the basics and work toward achieving Level 2 skills. We won’t be letting you off the hook — you will be expected to continue to strive for excellence!
Other changes of which you should be aware!
- “Ladies’ Night” will be moving to Wednesdays in order to put another day between the “Girls” and the “Heroes.”
- We will be continuing with exciting upgrades to the Brooklyn Barbell Club space throughout October. We appreciate your patience through this construction period — we promise it’ll be worth the hassle in the end!