Effective Monday, August 20th, we will have a new Official Tardiness Policy (O.T.P.) We have developed this policy in order to ensure that all of our clients receive the highest quality of training, and allow class to flow as smoothly as possible.
- If you are between 1 and 10 minutes late, you will accrue a 20 burpee penalty
- The official tardiness clock will be the digital clock in the center of the gym, NOT the old-timey clock which although a lovely decorative touch is somewhat unreliable. The official tardiness clock has been compared to cellphone time and judged accurate.
- Your burpee penalty will be completed as part of the metcon workout for the day: time spent doing burpees will be included in your workout result. This means you will begin your 20 burpees when the workout begins, and will not start workout reps until you have finished your burpees, essentially giving punctual friends a 20 burpee head start.
- If you are late on a benchmark day (currently Wednesday,) you will be permitted to complete your 20 burpees immediately following the workout, but your pre-burpee time will not be eligible for any leaderboard submission.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late, you will not be able to participate in class, and must wait for the next class.
I LOVE IT! I may be stealing this idea.
Totally stealing this!
Is this a subtle dig at me? I am trying to be better, I promise! 🙂
This goes for lifters as well… Yes you OT!
May I be so pertinent as to suggest we also consider introducing a N.R.P. – Non Retardiness Policy…..when a lady is changing prior to class she does not wish to stare at previously worn boxer shorts on the floor, or hanging on a hook at eye level…many thanks
this rule is totally discriminatory. 10 mins late should be acceptable for anyone with -ez in their last name.
Lady Claire – The issues you described have been discussed and are being addressed. Thank You!