New Year’s Paleo & Goal Setting Challenge – New and Improved for 2013!
It’s January 2013. Do you know where your abs are?
Well, maybe it’s time to find them!
When do you want me to do this?
- January 2, 2013 – February 13, 2013: 6-weeks to turn yourself into a paleo ninja
What are you gonna give me?
- Prize Money–top man and woman split a POT OF CASH!
- Goal setting help–What is your fitness dream: first pull-up, first competition, 500# deadlift? The sky is the limit but we want to hear from you. What will you DO this year?!
- A community of people in person and online to support your efforts and pick you up when you face-plant.
- A nutrition seminar taught by Chazz and Blanco to answer your questions and inspire you to greatness.*
But why should I?
- You are a fat bastard.
- Your performance isn’t improving.
- You dream of participating in the CrossFit games (or maybe just the Open).
- You just want to be a healthy hottie
Who you talkin’ to?
You and you and you and…EVERYBODY!! Let’s make this the biggest challenge ever. Grab a friend, grab a rival, grab a stranger and jump into the fray! If you have already done a Paleo Challenge, consider jumping in with stricter rules and bigger goals.
Awesome, how do I sign-up?!
On Wednesday, January 2nd during all classes, we’ll be running the Challenge buy-in! You need to attend class on 1/2/13 to enter the Challenge.
Come ready to:
- Fork over $20 for the prize pool.
- Pose for ‘before’ pictures (details below).
- Complete performance benchmarks (details below).
- Weigh in (this will be kept confidential — you may opt not to weigh in, but it may negatively impact the benchmark portion of your score, as we are taking into account change in performance relative to change in bodyweight).
After the sign-up you must also:
- Send a link to your online food log to [email protected].
- Join the challenge Google Group to ask questions, share food logs, recipes, issues, etc.
The whole thing wraps up On Wednesday, February 13th when we will repeat 1/2/13 benchmark, take “after” pictures, weigh-in, and report progress on our goals.
What To Eat
We advocate eating real, unprocessed, whole foods. We suggest that you eliminate refined carbohydrates, most importantly sugar and grains. Base your diet on garden vegetables, especially greens, lean meats, nuts and seeds, little starch, and no sugar. We will be briefly going over guidelines for Paleo eating during buy-in classes, and have included online resources below.
For more complete guidance and information, please sign up for our Nutrition Seminar aka “What To Shove In Your Piehole (Instead Of Pie)” on Saturday, January 12th at 3:00pm.
Everyone’s starting from somewhere different with this, so each of you will choose a commitment that seems reasonable and achievable for you. We’re offering you:
- Beginner: eliminate sugar and grains; 1 cheat day a week.
- Intermediate: eliminate sugar and grains; no cheat days.
- Advanced: eliminate sugar, grains and dairy; no cheat days.
- Expert: eliminate sugar, grains, dairy, legumes and alcohol; no cheat days.
Before and After Pictures
- Participants must have 3 ‘before’ pictures taken by Sam or Keith at the BBC: front view, side view and back view. Men are in shorts; women are in shorts and sports bra/bikini top.
- To be eligible to win, participants must have 3 ‘after’ pictures taken by Sam or Keith at the BBC. Same views / attire as ‘before’ pics.
- Pictures will remain private for the duration of the contest except for print-outs of 3 male and 3 female finalists that will be kept at the BBC and used to vote for winners.
- Once the contest is over, we would very much like to use before / after photos of participants to help persuade future clients to clean up their diet! We will ask about your preferences on this at the beginning and again at the end of the contest — we hope you’ll help us out!
- Participants must complete the following benchmark at the beginning of the challenge — “Angie” For time: 100 Pull-ups, 100 Push-ups, 100 Sit-ups, 100 Squats
- To be eligible to win, participants must repeat the benchmark at the end of the challenge.
- Benchmarks must be witnessed by either Sam or Keith or someone they have directly deputized!
Curious – how do we get on the google group mailing list? I wanted to share this sale on Fab – all different grass fed meats:
Is there a link to the new Google Group? I only found 2012’s. Thanks!