2012 NYC Open Series: Coming Soon!
Start saving your Saturdays: CrossFit Queens, CrossFit South Brooklyn, CrossFit Metropolis, CrossFit Virtuosity, and CrossFit Long Island City will be combining forces each Saturday of the Open to bring together NYC’s most competitive athletes for five epic Open events!
Registration will open for the first event will open Monday, February 13th at 9am!
- Start Time: 8:30am (first heat will start promptly at 9am)
- End Time: Approximately 1pm (depending on week / workout.)
- Registration Deadline: Thursday preceding the event, 9pm
- Scaling: No scaling will be accomodated at these events: all participants must compete as Rx’d.
- Cost: $15 per event or $50 for all 5 (plus commemorative t-shirt.)
Please note that in order to have your results officially entered into Games competition you will need to additionally register at games.crossfit.com.
- Week 1 (02/25) CrossFit Queens, 18-31 27th Avenue, Astoria, NY 11102
- Week 2 (03/03) CrossFit South Brooklyn, 597 Degraw St., Brooklyn, Ny 11217
- Week 3 (03/10) CrossFit Virtuosity, 221 N 8th St., Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Week 4 (03/17) CrossFit Metropolis, 156 E 100th St., New York, NY 10029
- Week 5 (03/24) CrossFit Long Island City, 5-26 47th Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101
Top man / woman each week will receive a prize from the hosting box. Top 3 men and women overall at the end of the series will receive a variety of prizes from our sponsors (details coming soon!)
We very much appreciate the fine men and women who come forward to judge at these events! If you would like to be a judge, please sign up for a judging ticket. We prefer that judges have at least a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certificate but will consider all applications. You may be an athlete and a judge at the same event, but please indicate that when signing up so that we can make sure you have sufficient time to warm up and cool down before/after your heat.
Spectators will be accomodated on a first come / first serve basis. There will be no spectator tickets this year. Depending on the host and the details of the event there may be more / less room for spectators: the host box will determine an appropriate, safe number of spectators to allow. To ensure your entry, arrive early!
The After Party!
On the evening of March 24th, following the final event, CrossFit Virtuosity cordially invites you to Spring Fling to celebrate the end of the Open — save the date and stay tuned for more details!
Leave A Comment