Maybe you spent a little too much time partying at the beach this summer. Maybe you’ve gradually let the cheat meals take over and become the norm. Maybe you’ve been indulging your little weakness for frozen beverages. Whatever it is, it’s time to get back into the paleo swing of things with our Back To School Paleo Challenge!
- Duration: Sunday, September 9th – Saturday, October 6th (a mere 4 weeks!)
- Entry Fee: $20 to fund the prize pool.
- Prizes: Top man and top woman will split the prize pool (last time we ran a challenge the pool was over $1000!) Top man and woman and runner-up man and woman will each receive a free month of unlimited BBC membership.
How To Enter
On Sunday, September 9th during 10am and 11am classes, we’ll be running the challenge buy-in! You need to attend this event to enter the challenge.
Come ready to:
- Fork over $20 for the prize pool
- Pose for ‘before’ pictures (details below.)
- Complete performance benchmarks (details below.)
- Weigh in (this will be kept confidential — you may opt not to weigh in, but it may negatively impact the benchmark portion of your score, as we are taking into account change in performance relative to change in bodyweight.)
After the event you must also:
On Saturday, October 6th during 10am and 11am classes, we’ll be having a end-o-challenge extravaganza to weigh-out / benchmark / after-picture all participants.
What To Eat
We advocate eating real, unprocessed, whole foods. We suggest that you eliminate refined carbohydrates, most importantly sugar and grains. Base your diet on garden vegetables, especially greens, lean meats, nuts and seeds, little starch, and no sugar. We will be briefly going over guidelines for Paleo eating during buy-in classes, and have included online resources below.
For more complete guidance and information, please sign up for our Nutrition Seminar a.k.a. “What To Shove In Your Piehole (Instead Of Pie)” on Saturday, September 8th at 2:30pm.
Everyone’s starting from somewhere different with this, so each of you will choose a commitment that seems reasonable and achievable for you. We’re offering you:
- Beginner: eliminate sugar and grains; 1 cheat day a week.
- Intermediate: eliminate sugar and grains; no cheat days.
- Advanced: eliminate sugar, grains and dairy; no cheat days.
- Expert: eliminate sugar, grains, dairy, legumes and alcohol; no cheat days.
Before and After Pictures
- Participants must have 3 ‘before’ pictures taken by Sam or Keith at the BBC: front view, side view and back view. Men are in shorts; women are in shorts and sports bra/bikini top.
- To be eligible to win, participants must have 3 ‘after’ pictures taken by Sam or Keith at the BBC. Same views / attire as ‘before’ pics.
- Pictures will remain private for the duration of the contest except for print-outs of 3 male and 3 female finalists that will be kept at the BBC and used to vote for winners.
- Once the contest is over, we would very much like to use before / after photos of participants to help persuade future clients to clean up their diet! We will ask about your preferences on this at the beginning and again at the end of the contest — we hope you’ll help us out!
- Participants must complete the following benchmark at the beginning of the challenge — “Helen”: 3 rounds for time — 400m run, 21 kettlebell swings (24/16,) 12 pull-ups.
- To be eligible to win, participants must repeat the benchmark at the end of the challenge.
- Benchmarks must be witnessed by either Sam or Keith or someone they have directly deputized!