We’re excited to be able to offer a huge opportunity for someone looking to kick off a coaching career.
Our coaching apprentice position is a half-time job in which you will work at the gym while completing our coaching development program. This is a rare opportunity to be paid and attend the gym for free while learning from our world-class coaching team! The position is a 10-hour per week work commitment with approximately an additional 10 hours per week of course homework.
- 10 hours per week of gym upkeep tasks, schedule arranged based on gym needs, and apprentice skills and availability.
- 10 additional hours per week of self-scheduled coaching course homework
- $10 per hour for upkeep tasks
- $40 per hour for private training sessions coached
- Unlimited gym membership ($250/month value)
- Provide in-person customer service for members
- Answer inquiries from walk-in prospective members
- Talk intelligently about our membership options and sell memberships
- Respond to e-mails and voicemails
- Ensure that clients are signed into each class
- Sign visitors and drop-ins into class
- Perform routine data entry
- Make sure that everyone who participates in any exercise activity has signed the waiver
- Sell merchandise
- Monitor supplies and request reorder as necessary
- Wash gym floors
- Keep gym floor changing room, and bathrooms tidy
- Take out trash and recycling
- Troubleshoot operational issues – heat, hot water, wi-fi, vending machine, etc.
- Make minor repairs to equipment
- Communicate larger issues and coordinate fix with Sam
- Shadow evening coaches
- Complete reading and watching assignments
- Participate regularly in CrossFit classes
- Engage with the community
- Develop a social media presence
- Learn to see movement faults and correct them using a variety of cuing techniques
- Learn how to structure a class and organize a group
- Learn how to plan a good warm-up
- Develop a coaching presence
E-mail sam@crossfitvirtuosity, including a current version of your resume.